Florida rapper Wifisfuneral is changing careers, announcing his official retirement from the rap game.
The 23-year-old recording artist has been buzzing for years, earning a placement on the 2018 XXL Freshmen List. He has seemingly been going through a lot lately, thinking about how to best move forward in his career and he decided that retirement might be his best option. Without offering much context, Weef told the world that he's done rapping.
"I don’t really know how to put this into words or actually explain this the best way possible but I’m officially retiring from rapping," he said on Twitter. "Thank you all so much and I love you. Until we meet again."
He followed up with an animated photo of himself with all of his face tats intact and a baseball bat in hand.
At this time, it's unclear if Wifisfuneral is actually done with music or if he's just quitting rap and moving to a new genre. He has created rock songs in the past -- maybe that's the direction he's willing to take. As you surely know, retirement in the rap game is not always permanent either.
Many of Wifi's fans are upset at his decision to leave the game so early in his career. Do you hope he reconsiders this career change?
Moneybagg Yo Reveals "Time Served" Deluxe Tracklist W/ Lil Baby & More
Moneybagg Yo is releasing the deluxe edition of his album “Time Served” on May 15, with features from Lil Baby, Rylo Rodriguez, and more.
Moneybagg Yo is having one of the best years of his career so far. The Memphis rapper has experienced mainstream success with his album Time Served, clocking in his best position on the charts and enjoying his highest sales ever. The album features DaBaby, Megan Thee Stallion, Future, Summer Walker, Blac Youngsta, and more.
Announcing several weeks ago that the deluxe version was in the works, it looks like the tracklist is complete. The Big Speaker shared which new songs we can expect this week.

Steven Ferdman/Getty Images
Already sharing “Me Vs Me” from the upcoming deluxe edition of Time Served, Moneybagg Yo unveiled the full tracklist that will be dropping this Friday. There will be a total of seven songs added, with new features from Lil Baby, Rylo Rodriguez, Big 30, and more. In total, the deluxe will have twenty-two tracks.
This will continue the hot streak that Moneybagg Yo has been on, following up on the success of the album with its inevitable re-issue. Let us know which song you’re most excited to hear and be sure to pre-order the album on your streaming service of choice. The deluxe version of Time Served will officially be out on May 15.
Eminem & Lil Wayne Brought Back "Ken Kaniff"
During his Young Money Radio interview with Eminem, Lil Wayne made sure to inquire after the whereabouts of the notorious Ken Kaniff.
If horror movies have taught us anything, it’s that sometimes things oughta stay dead. Despite that, those very things we fear most always end up coming back in one form or another. Eminem fans thought Ken Kaniff died back on 2013’s Marshall Mathers LP 2 bonus track “Wicked Ways.” Yet during the recent interview between Em and his longtime friend Lil Wayne that took place on Friday night’s Young Money Radio, Ken Kaniff resurfaced alive and well, his voice unchanged — as was his propensity for letting off perverse groans.

Kevin Mazur/WireImage/Getty Images
In many ways, it’s Wayne himself that’s to blame for the development. “Is Ken Kaniff still alive?” asks Wayne, digging deep for the important questions. After a moment of silence, Em fires off one of Ken’s signature moans, sending Wayne into a fit of hysterical laughter. Before long, Em joins in, clearly amused at Wayne’s appreciation of his diabolical creation.
“Ah man, I forgot about Ken!” admits Em. “Where Ken at? I forgot about Ken. I didn’t mean to forget about Ken. I gotta bring him back.” “For real man,” replies Wayne. “Tell that n***a Ken I say what up.”
So there you have it — if Em’s next album has a “Ken Kaniff” skit, you can thank Lil Wayne for bringing the notorious dent out of his hidey-hole and back into the public eye. Still, you’ve gotta hand it to Weezy. It takes a genuine fan to request the presence of Ken Kaniff by name. Check out the hilarious moment below, and sound off — do you think Eminem should bring his old pal back into the fold?
Jhene Aiko Announces "Chilombo Deluxe" Release Date
Jhene Aiko comes through with an official release date for her upcoming “Chilombo Deluxe” album.
A few days ago, Jhene Aiko confirmed that a deluxe edition of her new album Chilombo would be coming by the end of the month. Now, we’ve got an official release date for the updated version — May 22nd. Unfortunately, we don’t have much else to go on regarding potential tracklists or guest appearances, though Aiko herself confirmed there would be a few new faces on deck.

Bryan Bedder/Getty Images
The news arrives by way of an official press release, and the arrival of a deluxe Chilombo further emphasizes the extent of deluxe editions hitting the game at this moment. It seems as if every project has spawned an additional EP, leaving us wondering how the selection process is made to begin with. In any case, Chilombo has been praised as one of the year’s best R&B albums so far, and it should be interesting to see where Aiko goes on the upcoming release.
The original version was released on March 6th and featured guest appearances from Future, Big Sean, Ab-Soul, Miguel, Ty Dolla $ign, Nas, John Legend, and more. Look for the Chilombo Deluxe to arrive on May 22nd, and sound off in the comments with your interest levels. Did you enjoy the original version when it dropped?
Royce Da 5’9" Is Cooking Up More Beats For Eminem
Royce Da 5’9″ continues to cook up beats for Eminem, prompting further speculation that “Bad Meets Evil 2” is in the cards.
It’s no secret that the fans are desperately seeking a sequel to Bad Meets Evil’s Hell: The Sequel, especially given that Eminem and Royce Da 5’9″ have been collaborating more than ever before. From 2018 till today, the pair have connected on “Caterpillar,” “Not Alike,” “You Gon’ Learn,” “Yah Yah,” and “I Will,” making these past two years their most fruitful era in a minute.

Prince Williams/Wireimage/Getty Images
Lord knows it’s been long enough since the pair delivered their first and only album as a duo, with Hell: The Sequel having been released on June 11th, 2011. Now, with both parties sounding undeniably focused, it seems like the perfect time to begin planting the seeds for a reunion effort. Though the pandemic may have thrown a wrench in the best-laid plans of many-a-rapper, it seems as if Nickle has been building up a vault of instrumentals — including a few he’s already teased as possible Eminem joints.
Now, Royce has once again taken to the studio with one goal in mind: production. While some of his selections are undeniably left-field for the BME brand, every so often he seems to stumble upon a sample that would suit the macabre and playful direction they tend to take. “NOBODY else besides Dre understands Em creatively like myself,” captions Royce, alongside footage of his latest experiment. While it doesn’t appear to be a finished beat, the sample Royce has chosen certainly seems like something that would suit Em’s creepier side. Check it out for yourself below, and sound off — are you excited to see how Nickle might flip this one?
Noah "40" Shebib Gives Intimate Studio Tour
Yesterday, 40 connected with Jagmeet Singh for a studio tour slash extensive conversation on art and life.
While Drake might be the 6ix God, and thus a bonafide Canadian National treasure, Noah “40” Shebib remains one of the game’s key players and of utmost significance to the OVO movement. As one of the key minds behind Drake’s signature production sound, 40 has helped bring several of his hits to life, pioneering a moody and synth-driven production wave in the process. As such, he’s become widely recognized by those familiar with the liner notes — a group that happens to include Canada’s NDP leader Jagmeet Singh, who has been actively hosting lively IG sessions throughout the quarantine.

Steve Granitz/WireImage/Getty Images
During his recent stream, Singh invited 40 into the fold for an extensive interview and behind-the-scenes studio tour. Off the bat, the mood is jol as 40 kicks things off with a glimpse at the control room, which is absolutely stacked with speakers and monitors. As he moves into the lounge, 40 reveals some artwork laced by Quest, a graffiti artist who designs 3D artwork. Upon returning to the control room, Jagmeet and 40 engage in a philosophical discussion on music, politics, and life amid the coronavirus pandemic.
If you came exclusively for Drake snippet, you might leave disappointed. If, however, you’re interested in hearing deeper insight from one of the great producers in hip-hop today, be sure to check out the interview below. It’s cool to see 40 open up like this, and OVO fans would surely benefit from checking this one out.
Boosie Badazz Celebrates 8 Years Since Beating Murder Charge
Eight years ago, Boosie’s life changed as he was found not guilty of murder, a milestone he celebrates on social media today.
Though Boosie Badazz has developed a reputation as one of, if not these, funniest rappers in the game (though his unapologetic takes certainly aren’t for the faint of heart), it shouldn’t be forgotten that the man is considered an OG for a reason. There’s no disputing that Boosie has developed his own code throughout the years, and has no qualms with speaking his mind when the occasion calls for it.

Prince Williams/WireImage/Getty Images
Today, the fan-favorite rapper has taken a moment to reflect on a major life milestone, one that might have altered his fate completely had it gone another way. Eight years ago, the rapper was found not guilty in a murder trial, which transpired following the death of a man named Terry Boyd. Had he been convicted, Boosie would be facing the death penalty. It should be noted that while Boosie did beat the murder charge, he was incarcerated on several drug charges, which pushed his prison time total to five years served.
Given all the antics that Boosie has since provided, including an upcoming and sure-to-be out of control reality series called Badazz Boosie, it’s hard to imagine what might have been. In any case, it’s clear that Boosie is grateful for his second chance, offering up one word on his Instagram page: “Solid.” Can you imagine the game without Boosie Badazz in it? Hip-hop social media would never be the same.
Billie Eilish Says She’s Working On New Music During Quarantine
Billie Eilish discusses working on new music during quarantine with Beats 1’s Zane Lowe.
Billie Eilish has been working on new music during her time in quarantine, the singer told Beats 1’s Zane Lowe.
Alberto E. Rodriguez / Getty Images
“We’ve been in the ‘stu,’ which just means Finneas’ basement, basically. We actually, we wrote a whole song in its entirety—an entire song, which is kind of rare for us. I really love it. It was like exactly what I needed to say when we wrote it.”
She goes on to say she feels great despite the situation: “Honestly, I feel great,” she says. “The song I was talking about earlier that we wrote a couple weeks ago that felt so right was … I wish I could sing it for you, but I can’t. It was just about, there was this part in it—I needed to say this—which was I know I’m supposed to feel unhappy right now because of this break and because I’m not seeing anybody … I feel like there’s this kind of thing that I feel like is floating around of like you’re supposed to be missing people. You’re supposed to be missing this person and be missing people in general. I kind of have this feeling of like, I miss my really close friends, I miss people, of course I do, but I also at the same time am liking the space.”
Eilish’s Beats 1 radio show Me & Dad Radio debuted May 8.
[Via]
Drake Lands At No. 2 Spot On Billboard Chart, Losing To Kenny Chesney
Drake lost to Kenny Chesney for the top spot on the Billboard 200 chart this week.
Drake‘s Dark Lane Demo Tapes debuted at No. 2 on the Billboard 200 this week, ending a decade-long streak of debuting atop the charts.
Frazer Harrison / Getty Images
The project was topped by Kenny Chesney’s new album, Here and Now. Drake’s project sold 223,000 equivalent album units. 201,000 were from streams. The rapper did not capitalize on any merchandise/album bundles, nor a concert ticket/album bundle. There were also no options to purchase a physical copy of the album. Drake’s previous project Care Package was released in the same fashion.
Chesney’s album secured 233,000 equivalent album units. Here and Now was consumed in an opposite manner than Drake’s Dark Lane Demo Tapes. Chesney’s work saw 222,000 in album sales and only 10,000 streaming units.
Drake spoke about his decision to release Dark Lane Demo Tapes, during an episode of Young Money Radio, with Lil Wayne: “We pieced a lot of those songs together and I put a few new joints on there, but really it was just instead of dropping a single right now,” he said. “It’s an interesting time for us all as musicians to figure out how this works and what people need. And I just felt like people would appreciate maybe a body of something to listen to as opposed to just one isolated song.”
[Via]
Lil Uzi Vert Teases New Album, "Coming Soon"
Fans of Lil Uzi Vert can expect a new album from the artist coming soon.
Lil Uzi Vert has another album on the way, which he says he coming soon.
Slaven Vlasic / Getty Images
The Eternal Atake rapper announced the news, Sunday. A fan baited the news from him during an exchange on Twitter.
"I was young high and took life for granted never again I’m on my do every show till I get kicked off stage shit," Uzi says, responding to a fan disgruntled about a poor experience at one of his shows.
"So you’re telling me there was high possibility I would've seen you perform the entirety of EA if jmblya [Festival] happened........," another fan replies.
"EA and my New Album that’s coming soon," Uzi concludes.
Uzi, fresh off his March release, Eternal Atake, has had to pause his upcoming live shows, along with the rest of the artists in the United States. Live Nation CEO Michael Rapino updated fans on the future of concerts this week, saying in a statement, "Over the summer there will be testing happening, whether it’s fan-less concerts, which offer great broadcast opportunities and are really important for our sponsorship business; drive-in concerts, which we’re going to test and roll out and we’re having some success with; or reduced-capacity festival concerts, which could be outdoors in a theater on a large stadium floor, where there’s enough room to be safe."
JMBLYA 2020 was scheduled to begin in early May, and if Uzi had planned to perform songs off an upcoming album, that album could release very soon.
[Via]




